Shawl Pins

Wire Wrapped Pendants

Earrings

Knit and Crochet

Knitting, Knitting and more Knitting

Monday, January 25, 2010

Lately I have been on a knitting kick. Maybe this makes up for October - December when I had no desire to pick up the needles or stop by the yarn store I go to. My recent obsession are anklet socks. They're quick and functional as I hate wearing slippers because my feet get way too hot and I don't like wearing full on socks around the house so these have been perfect. I also have a hat that I made that turned out really cute and another on the needles right now out of this awesome cashmere blended yarn.

With my new inspiration to knit again I took a trip to the book store to find a new pattern book. I found a book called French Girl Knitting that has some lovely patterns in it. There are quite a few patterns in here I really like but this is the one that I'm planning on making first, I just need to find the yarn I want to use for it. (picture from book)

I've already seen some variations of it made with the sleeves longer and that is defintiely a tempting option since I seem to be cold all the time, even living here in Florida. It's made with a bulky yarn but I think it will make a great little cardigan type sweater for spring. Especially if done in a cotton of which I think I might have the yarn already....we will see.

0 comments: