Shawl Pins

Wire Wrapped Pendants

Earrings

Knit and Crochet

Such a slacker

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I so have been slacking in the blog department. I've just been busy with things and then I have pictures but haven't edited them. The list of excuses is long, let me tell you.


I did some more metal work the weekend before last and made another labradorite ring using one of the stones out of a matching pair. I also did a pendant using a larimar stone I had that was an odd shape. While it's technically "finished" I have a couple of things I want to do with/to it just to expirement. I'm getting the hand of the bezel making for the stones but I'm finding when I make rings that attaching the bezel to the ring is a bit tricky for me. Of course there's a couple of tools I should probably pick up that would make this process much simpler and would hold everything in place better than what I've been doing. I am enjoying it though so I guess that's all that really matters.


I'm thinking of adding a discounted section to my etsy shop that will house my first attempts. I've made a really lovely double stranded bracelet from the unakite piece and the larimar pendant turned out pretty good. I have a couple of other rings in the lineup (as there is no way I'm giving up my two labradorite rings) but alas, I ran out of solder and haven't gotten around to ordering more to finish things up.

Here is one of the newer things I've been working on. I'm taking my love for shawl pins and wire wrapping and combining the two. This is my first one but I have a large light colored amethyst stone and a large fire opal that I plan on doing something similar with. I haven't figured up pricing yet so it's not in my shop but I think once I get another one made I'll list them.



Also, speaking of slacking, I need to get busy with getting stuff prepped for the craft show where I work. My pendants have been coming along nicely and I have been able to keep 32 in stock which fills all the spaces in a display tray that I have. The thing I really need to get cracking on is making a stock of wire wrapped earrings. They're versatile, reasonably priced and I think they will sell really well in person.



1 comments:

Eye Shutter to Think said...

Wonderful idea on the pin - it's stunning!

I hope you sell lots & lots at the craft show :)

September 18, 2009 at 4:10 AM