Shawl Pins

Wire Wrapped Pendants

Earrings

Knit and Crochet

Gem Show Haul

Friday, October 30, 2009

Today I went to my first gem and jewelry show which was a wholesale show so you had to have a business ID number. It was the first day of the show and I got there pretty much when they opened around 10:00 am. Wow, what an experience. All I can say is good thing I came early and good thing I came on the week day. I would hate to see how crowded it was on the weekend.

I have been preparing to go to this show for over a week, checking out the website and making a note of which vendors I wanted to make sure I stopped by. There were lots of booths of finished jewelry and tons of booths selling bead strands. I was more interested in the cab sellers, which was a small amount compared to the other seller types.

First I went around to all the booths to check out what they had available before heading back to them a second time to make purchases. I found two sellers who had some wonderful things. The first specialized in larimar and amber. I picked up these 4 amazing larimar stones. The size and color of these are absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to wrap them.

Then the second seller had a good selection of stones I was looking for which was rutilated quartz and rainbow moonstone. The moonstone all have a beautiful blue flash at the wearable angle.

They also had some beautiful tourmaline cabs that I couldn't resist, pricey but I picked up a nice ruby colored one and a darker blue/purple one. Dave also picked out the Ruby Zoisite piece that he thought was interesting looking. All of them are going to make stunning pieces.


All in all it was a great show and it will be back again in May so I am looking forward to doing it again.

1 comments:

Eye Shutter to Think said...

I love that rainbow moonstone & my all time fave is that teal & deep purple triangle - very original. Sounds like you had a lot of fun :)

October 31, 2009 at 4:17 AM