Shawl Pins

Wire Wrapped Pendants

Earrings

Knit and Crochet

Succesful Experiments

Friday, February 12, 2010

This evening, after dinner, I was sitting at the kitchen table where I have a portion of it sectioned off for my jewelry work. There is a box sitting there that has a couple of stones in it that are ones I am the most anxious to wrap. I pulled out one of the marquise shaped moonstones and all of the sudden got a design idea that was out of the norm for my usual wrapping style for this shape of stone.


I love it, it's beautiful and kind of elven or medieval. Something along the fantasy lines at least and I have to say, am quite proud of it. There's always an amount of satisfaction that comes with drawing out a design or imagining it in your head and then the piece turns out exactly how you imagined/hoped it would.

2 comments:

Eye Shutter to Think said...

I love it when you venture away & experiment. It always ends in success! It's beautiful - lovely job :)

February 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Amy said...

Yes, I guess it's been an enlightening week with pins and pendants. Just got some new stuff in today to play with too.

February 14, 2010 at 4:17 PM