Shawl Pins

Wire Wrapped Pendants

Earrings

Knit and Crochet

Dinosaur Roar

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I've been in the mood for some quick knitting and wanted something I could make for the G-man or put in my cube at work. I found this cute little pattern for a small dinosaur using fingering yarn on ravelry and I believe the pattern is literally called Dinosaur Roar!. I had some green and brown left over from some ankle socks and arm warmers so I made a little one first. Then I decided to use some blue and green worsted weight yarn to make a bigger one.


The pattern calls to make each piece individually. While making the first one I found that it didn't take long to make but I hate piecing small pieces together. For the second one I modified the pattern so I could make all of the body in the round and stuff as I go. Then I make the legs and spikes and sew them on separately. Adding pieces on like that is way better than trying to seam sections of the body together. Plus, it really seems to make it go faster.

I have a bunch of scrap, left over yarn from projects so I see a hoarde of dinosaurs in my future.

1 comments:

Eye Shutter to Think said...

Those are just too cute. Love the colors!!

February 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM