Shawl Pins

Wire Wrapped Pendants

Earrings

Knit and Crochet

Mentally draining days are potentially bad for your health

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today was just one of those mind numbing days that where I spent the day starring at my screen for the majority of the day. Since my job deals with maps, looking at all those roads and everything else on a computer monitor took it's toll. By the end of the day I was mentally drained and fatigued. I was driving like a maniac on the way home today because my focus was just off. I don't know how many yellow lights I hit today and there was one red light less than a mile from picking up Little G from day care that I just flat out blew through. Luckily it wasn't a busy intersection or anything but my mind was just elsewhere. Talk about scary.

Speaking of Little G I found out this morning that he knows what lollipops are, specifically Tootsie Pops. We have a glass cookie jar over the sink that I have some Tootsie Pops in, because hey lets face it, mommy needs a sweet treat every now and then. This morning we are getting ready to leave and I see Little G standing at the sink and saying something. Which I'm thinking what are you asking for at the sink. So I ask him again what he wants. Then he turns to me, points to the jar and there is no mistake in what he's asking me, "I wan wowwy-pop.....orange". Yes, Little G must have been introduced to the joys of lollipops at day care. Of course I have to explain to him that he can't have a lollipop for breakfast which he seems to understand and is cool with but still. It was kind of funny and cute this morning. You truly never know what they are going to come up with from day to day at this age.

0 comments: