Shawl Pins

Wire Wrapped Pendants

Earrings

Knit and Crochet

Revised Designs

Friday, April 24, 2009

It is finally Friday and this week has felt like the longest week ever I think. Between getting my shawl pin order together and mailed out, being sick and everything else going on this week it has been hectic to say the least. At least my job has been relatively calm which has been a God send.


Speaking of my shawl pins and the title of this post I redesigned one of my pins. I loved my turtle one but something about it just didn't sit right with me. I worried about the fins coming off if caught just the right way and the head didn't look right. So after making some of the other designs like the bee and the lady bug I decided to take some of the things I learned and re-do my turtle. I love how he looks now. Just too cute. I put him and some other new pins on my etsy site this morning.
Last night I decided to do a bit of jewelry work with this totally amazing piece of fluorite that I bought. One of the qualities of fluorite that I absolutely love is it's ability to be multicolored, to shift from one shade of purple, blue or green to another so you get these really neat bands of color. This stone is teardrop shaped and it's banding goes from the bottom right angled to the upper left. The bottom right starts as this darker purple, fades into almost clear and then goes into this wonderful blue-green color. Just awesome coloring. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the finished piece when I can get some good pictures out in the sunlight.

2 comments:

Eye Shutter to Think said...

Cute cute turtle pin! I am off to look at your others right now :)

April 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM
trudette said...

You have a great blog and I love the pin, really cute design.
Will be following your blog from now on :)

April 25, 2009 at 9:19 AM