Shawl Pins

Wire Wrapped Pendants

Earrings

Knit and Crochet

Is it Friday yet??

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today was a slow day. I think it took an hour for 10 minutes to go by at work. Seriously! Then of course once I get home the evening has flown by and here it is 9:00 and I'm wondering where my afternoon/evening went. I guess some days are just like that.

I'm taking Friday off from work. I need the day off. Plus Dave is taking the day off as well so it will be nice to have some alone time with Little G at daycare. I remember after we first had him that both of us were so against having to put him in daycare. Dave's contract had just went up so he basically had no job the same time I was on maternity leave as well as some months after I went back to work. So, Little G didn't go into daycare until he was 11 months old.

It was hard at first dropping him off. More for me than him of course which in some ways was even worse than if I had to walk out of there with him screaming for "mommy". Some mornings he had his issues but from the beginning he was always totally cool with it. He's 2 and now he comes home some days talking about things I had no idea he knows. One day we were reading a book and all the sudden he's saying "pine". I have no idea what he's talking about until he starts pointing to the outside of the book. He was showing me the spine of the book. At the time he was probably 18 months, and not exactly what you expect to here coming out of your child's mouth at that age.

He's doing better today I think. Didn't seem to be coughing as much but he had a fever again this evening so we'll see what tomorrow holds I guess.

0 comments: